Search:
Mount Herzl \ Yitzhak and Leah Rabin's Grave, Mt. Herzl
Fifth Israeli Prime Minister, he was assassinated by a right-wing Israeli, Yigal Amir, who opposed his government’s signing of the Oslo Accords with the Palestinians. He was the first Israeli-born Prime Minister, and the second to die in office. He was born in Jerusalem, in what was then the British Mandate of Palestine, of Russian-Jewish parents.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 07.09.2009 Photo number: 11610 Views: 30k
Nectarina osea (Palestine Sunbird)
Photographer: © Roman Dembitsky Date: 16.11.2009 Photo number: 12560 Views: 9k
Castel, Maoz Zion
20 July 2009
During the British Mandate of Palestine, the British referred to this district as "The Castle," dropping the "t" as is customary in English. The Arabs called it al-Qastal, pronouncing the "t." The Jews called it "Hacastel" ("the Castel").
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 20.07.2009 Photo number: 10071 Views: 8k
Augusta Victoria Hospital, East Jerusalem
24 July 2009
Augusta Victoria is a 161-bed hospital on Mount Scopus, Jerusalem, financed by the Lutheran World Federation and the United Nations Refugee Works Administration. Augusta Victoria was built in 1907 as a center for the German Protestant community in Ottoman Palestine. The complex, completed in 1910, included the Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Ascension with a 65-meter belltower and a hospice for Christian pilgrims. During World War II, it was converted into a hospital by the British. The complex was named for Augusta Viktoria of Schleswig-Holstein, wife of German Kaiser Wilhelm II, who visited Jerusalem in 1898. The architect, Robert Leibnitz, was inspired by German palaces, such as the German Hohenzollern.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 24.07.2009 Photo number: 10143 Views: 14k
Notre Dame de Sion Monestry, En Kerem
19 July 2009
Notre Dame de Sion Monestry was founded by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Sion in Jerusalem (Palestine) in 1861 as a Catholic school.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 19.07.2009 Photo number: 10060 Views: 14k
Notre Dame de Sion Monestry, En Kerem
19 July 2009
Notre Dame de Sion Monestry was founded by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Sion in Jerusalem (Palestine) in 1861 as a Catholic school.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 19.07.2009 Photo number: 10061 Views: 12k
Notre Dame de Sion Monestry, En Kerem
19 July 2009
Notre Dame de Sion Monestry was founded by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Sion in Jerusalem (Palestine) in 1861 as a Catholic school.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 19.07.2009 Photo number: 10062 Views: 12k
Notre Dame de Sion Monestry, En Kerem
19 July 2009
Notre Dame de Sion Monestry was founded by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Sion in Jerusalem (Palestine) in 1861 as a Catholic school.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 19.07.2009 Photo number: 10059 Views: 13k
Augusta Victoria Hospital, East Jerusalem
24 July 2009
Augusta Victoria is a 161-bed hospital on Mount Scopus, Jerusalem, financed by the Lutheran World Federation and the United Nations Refugee Works Administration. Augusta Victoria was built in 1907 as a center for the German Protestant community in Ottoman Palestine. The complex, completed in 1910, included the Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Ascension with a 65-meter belltower and a hospice for Christian pilgrims. During World War II, it was converted into a hospital by the British. The complex was named for Augusta Viktoria of Schleswig-Holstein, wife of German Kaiser Wilhelm II, who visited Jerusalem in 1898. The architect, Robert Leibnitz, was inspired by German palaces, such as the German Hohenzollern.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 24.07.2009 Photo number: 10142 Views: 15k
Augusta Victoria Hospital, East Jerusalem
24 July 2009
Augusta Victoria is a 161-bed hospital on Mount Scopus, Jerusalem, financed by the Lutheran World Federation and the United Nations Refugee Works Administration. Augusta Victoria was built in 1907 as a center for the German Protestant community in Ottoman Palestine. The complex, completed in 1910, included the Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Ascension with a 65-meter belltower and a hospice for Christian pilgrims. During World War II, it was converted into a hospital by the British. The complex was named for Augusta Viktoria of Schleswig-Holstein, wife of German Kaiser Wilhelm II, who visited Jerusalem in 1898. The architect, Robert Leibnitz, was inspired by German palaces, such as the German Hohenzollern.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 24.07.2009 Photo number: 10141 Views: 16k