Search:
Churches & Monasteries \ The Lutheran Church of the Ascension
Photographer: © Pes & Lev Date: 09.06.2027 Photo number: 9690 Views: 25k
Jerusalem (El-Kouds) 1907 and 1914
First view of Jerusalem from the south
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14448 Views: 22k
First view of Jerusalem from the south,between 1898 and 1907
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14453 Views: 24k
Churches & Monasteries \ Augusta Victoria Hospital, East Jerusalem
24 July 2009
Augusta Victoria is a 161-bed hospital on Mount Scopus, Jerusalem, financed by the Lutheran World Federation and the United Nations Refugee Works Administration. Augusta Victoria was built in 1907 as a center for the German Protestant community in Ottoman Palestine. The complex, completed in 1910, included the Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Ascension with a 65-meter belltower and a hospice for Christian pilgrims. During World War II, it was converted into a hospital by the British. The complex was named for Augusta Viktoria of Schleswig-Holstein, wife of German Kaiser Wilhelm II, who visited Jerusalem in 1898. The architect, Robert Leibnitz, was inspired by German palaces, such as the German Hohenzollern.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 24.07.2009 Photo number: 10143 Views: 14k
Churches & Monasteries \ Augusta Victoria Hospital, East Jerusalem
24 July 2009
Augusta Victoria is a 161-bed hospital on Mount Scopus, Jerusalem, financed by the Lutheran World Federation and the United Nations Refugee Works Administration. Augusta Victoria was built in 1907 as a center for the German Protestant community in Ottoman Palestine. The complex, completed in 1910, included the Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Ascension with a 65-meter belltower and a hospice for Christian pilgrims. During World War II, it was converted into a hospital by the British. The complex was named for Augusta Viktoria of Schleswig-Holstein, wife of German Kaiser Wilhelm II, who visited Jerusalem in 1898. The architect, Robert Leibnitz, was inspired by German palaces, such as the German Hohenzollern.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 24.07.2009 Photo number: 10142 Views: 15k
Churches & Monasteries \ Augusta Victoria Hospital, East Jerusalem
24 July 2009
Augusta Victoria is a 161-bed hospital on Mount Scopus, Jerusalem, financed by the Lutheran World Federation and the United Nations Refugee Works Administration. Augusta Victoria was built in 1907 as a center for the German Protestant community in Ottoman Palestine. The complex, completed in 1910, included the Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Ascension with a 65-meter belltower and a hospice for Christian pilgrims. During World War II, it was converted into a hospital by the British. The complex was named for Augusta Viktoria of Schleswig-Holstein, wife of German Kaiser Wilhelm II, who visited Jerusalem in 1898. The architect, Robert Leibnitz, was inspired by German palaces, such as the German Hohenzollern.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 24.07.2009 Photo number: 10141 Views: 16k
Tombstones
Photographer: © RomKri Date: 24.06.2005 Photo number: 1907 Views: 11k
Image licence
Photographer: © pmos_nmos Date: 27.10.2007 Photo number: 7558 Views: 15k