© Valery Dembitsky \ Givat Ram \ Hebrew University, Givat Ram Campus
22 July 2009
The cornerstone for the university was laid in 1918, and, seven years later, on April 1, 1925, the Hebrew University campus on Mount Scopus of Jerusalem was opened at a gala ceremony attended by the leaders of the Jewish world, distinguished scholars and public figures, and British dignitaries, including Lord Arthur James Balfour, Viscount Allenby and Sir Herbert Samuel. The university┬┤s first Chancellor was Judah Magnes.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 22.07.2009 Photo number: 10097 Views: 24k
1 2 3 4
* Use keyboard arrows for navigation between photos in this page