Search:
Church of the Holy Sepulchre \ Mosaic over Anointing Stone - Holy Sepulcher
Photographer: © RomKri Date: 14.01.2006 Photo number: 3585 Views: 78k
Image licence
Sunset over the church Dormitsion
Photographer: © RomKri Date: 07.02.2010 Photo number: 13829 Views: 34k
Image licence
Fireworks over the Tower of David.
Photographer: © Mikhail Levit Date: 18.04.2010 Photo number: 14875 Views: 74k
Church of the Holy Sepulchre \ Mosaic over Anointing Stone - Holy Sepulcher
Photographer: © RomKri Date: 12.11.2005 Photo number: 2870 Views: 73k
Image licence
Church of the Holy Sepulchre \ Lampadas - hanging oil lamps over the Anointing Stone - Church of the Holy Sepulcher
Photographer: © RomKri Date: 14.01.2006 Photo number: 3593 Views: 64k
Image licence
Hebrew University, Mt. Scopus
09.08.2009
Construction of the Mount Scopus campus of the Hebrew University began in 1918 on land purchased from the Gray Hill estate. The dedication ceremony was held in 1925 in the presence of many dignitaries. A design for the university campus by Sir Patrick Geddes positioned the university buildings on the slopes of the mount, below a domed, hexagonal Great Hall recalling the Star of David, as a counterpoint to the octagonal Dome of the Rock in the Old City. This plan was never implemented, but Geddes designed the university Library, today the Hebrew University Faculty of Law on Mount Scopus. By 1947, the university was a solid research and teaching institution with humanities, science, medicine, education and agriculture departments (in Rehovot), a national library, a university press and an adult education center. The university had a student population of over 1,000 and 200 faculty members.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 09.08.2009 Photo number: 10670 Views: 62k
Beit Hanina, East Jerusalem
10.08.2009
Beit Hanina is a Palestinian neighborhood in East Jerusalem on the road to Ramallah. It is bordered by Hizma to the east, Shuafat to the south, Beit Iksa and Nabi Samwil to the west. The total area of Beit Hanina is 20 sq. kilometers (approximately 9 sq. miles). In 2007, Beit Hanina had a population of over 27,000.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 10.08.2009 Photo number: 10821 Views: 43k
Hebrew University, Mt. Scopus
09.08.2009
Construction of the Mount Scopus campus of the Hebrew University began in 1918 on land purchased from the Gray Hill estate. The dedication ceremony was held in 1925 in the presence of many dignitaries. A design for the university campus by Sir Patrick Geddes positioned the university buildings on the slopes of the mount, below a domed, hexagonal Great Hall recalling the Star of David, as a counterpoint to the octagonal Dome of the Rock in the Old City. This plan was never implemented, but Geddes designed the university Library, today the Hebrew University Faculty of Law on Mount Scopus. By 1947, the university was a solid research and teaching institution with humanities, science, medicine, education and agriculture departments (in Rehovot), a national library, a university press and an adult education center. The university had a student population of over 1,000 and 200 faculty members.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 09.08.2009 Photo number: 10693 Views: 42k
Beit Hanina, East Jerusalem
10.08.2009
Beit Hanina is a Palestinian neighborhood in East Jerusalem on the road to Ramallah. It is bordered by Hizma to the east, Shuafat to the south, Beit Iksa and Nabi Samwil to the west. The total area of Beit Hanina is 20 sq. kilometers (approximately 9 sq. miles). In 2007, Beit Hanina had a population of over 27,000.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 10.08.2009 Photo number: 10824 Views: 33k
British planes over the Jerusalem Y.M.C.A. tower (between 1933 and 1946)
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14470 Views: 28k
The Dome of the Rock
Dominating the skyline of Jerusalem, a landmark without doubt, is the beautiful shrine of the Dome of the Rock. Built on a platform over the rock of Mt. Moriah 1,300 years ago by the Muslim Umayyad Caliph Abdul Malek Ibn Marwa. It was completed in 691 AD, 6 years after building commenced. The Dome of the Rock is a shrine in Al Aqsa Mosque commemorating the Prophet Muhammad´s miraculous journey to the Seven Heavens. Eight stairways with arcades lead to the raised platform of the Dome of the Rock. There is a sun dial atop the center top archway, accurate to within five minutes of the actual time.
Photographer: © RomKri Date: 08.03.2005 Photo number: 951 Views: 84k
Image licence
Beit Hanina, East Jerusalem
10.08.2009
Beit Hanina is a Palestinian neighborhood in East Jerusalem on the road to Ramallah. It is bordered by Hizma to the east, Shuafat to the south, Beit Iksa and Nabi Samwil to the west. The total area of Beit Hanina is 20 sq. kilometers (approximately 9 sq. miles). In 2007, Beit Hanina had a population of over 27,000.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 10.08.2009 Photo number: 10818 Views: 46k
Beit Hanina, East Jerusalem
10.08.2009
Beit Hanina is a Palestinian neighborhood in East Jerusalem on the road to Ramallah. It is bordered by Hizma to the east, Shuafat to the south, Beit Iksa and Nabi Samwil to the west. The total area of Beit Hanina is 20 sq. kilometers (approximately 9 sq. miles). In 2007, Beit Hanina had a population of over 27,000.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 10.08.2009 Photo number: 10820 Views: 31k
Hebrew University, Mt. Scopus
09.08.2009
Construction of the Mount Scopus campus of the Hebrew University began in 1918 on land purchased from the Gray Hill estate. The dedication ceremony was held in 1925 in the presence of many dignitaries. A design for the university campus by Sir Patrick Geddes positioned the university buildings on the slopes of the mount, below a domed, hexagonal Great Hall recalling the Star of David, as a counterpoint to the octagonal Dome of the Rock in the Old City. This plan was never implemented, but Geddes designed the university Library, today the Hebrew University Faculty of Law on Mount Scopus. By 1947, the university was a solid research and teaching institution with humanities, science, medicine, education and agriculture departments (in Rehovot), a national library, a university press and an adult education center. The university had a student population of over 1,000 and 200 faculty members.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 09.08.2009 Photo number: 10664 Views: 33k
Sun rays over Jerusalem taken from Scopus, late afternoon, 6.2.1942
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 01.04.2010 Photo number: 14472 Views: 31k
Hebrew University, Mt. Scopus
09.08.2009
Construction of the Mount Scopus campus of the Hebrew University began in 1918 on land purchased from the Gray Hill estate. The dedication ceremony was held in 1925 in the presence of many dignitaries. A design for the university campus by Sir Patrick Geddes positioned the university buildings on the slopes of the mount, below a domed, hexagonal Great Hall recalling the Star of David, as a counterpoint to the octagonal Dome of the Rock in the Old City. This plan was never implemented, but Geddes designed the university Library, today the Hebrew University Faculty of Law on Mount Scopus. By 1947, the university was a solid research and teaching institution with humanities, science, medicine, education and agriculture departments (in Rehovot), a national library, a university press and an adult education center. The university had a student population of over 1,000 and 200 faculty members.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 09.08.2009 Photo number: 10661 Views: 36k
Hebrew University, Mt. Scopus
09.08.2009
Construction of the Mount Scopus campus of the Hebrew University began in 1918 on land purchased from the Gray Hill estate. The dedication ceremony was held in 1925 in the presence of many dignitaries. A design for the university campus by Sir Patrick Geddes positioned the university buildings on the slopes of the mount, below a domed, hexagonal Great Hall recalling the Star of David, as a counterpoint to the octagonal Dome of the Rock in the Old City. This plan was never implemented, but Geddes designed the university Library, today the Hebrew University Faculty of Law on Mount Scopus. By 1947, the university was a solid research and teaching institution with humanities, science, medicine, education and agriculture departments (in Rehovot), a national library, a university press and an adult education center. The university had a student population of over 1,000 and 200 faculty members.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 09.08.2009 Photo number: 10671 Views: 33k
9 May - Har Hertzel
60 years since the Allied victory over Nazi Germany in World War II
Photographer: © RomKri Date: 09.05.2005 Photo number: 1430 Views: 38k
Image licence
Hebrew University, Mt. Scopus
09.08.2009
Construction of the Mount Scopus campus of the Hebrew University began in 1918 on land purchased from the Gray Hill estate. The dedication ceremony was held in 1925 in the presence of many dignitaries. A design for the university campus by Sir Patrick Geddes positioned the university buildings on the slopes of the mount, below a domed, hexagonal Great Hall recalling the Star of David, as a counterpoint to the octagonal Dome of the Rock in the Old City. This plan was never implemented, but Geddes designed the university Library, today the Hebrew University Faculty of Law on Mount Scopus. By 1947, the university was a solid research and teaching institution with humanities, science, medicine, education and agriculture departments (in Rehovot), a national library, a university press and an adult education center. The university had a student population of over 1,000 and 200 faculty members.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 09.08.2009 Photo number: 10663 Views: 33k
Hebrew University, Mt. Scopus
09.08.2009
Construction of the Mount Scopus campus of the Hebrew University began in 1918 on land purchased from the Gray Hill estate. The dedication ceremony was held in 1925 in the presence of many dignitaries. A design for the university campus by Sir Patrick Geddes positioned the university buildings on the slopes of the mount, below a domed, hexagonal Great Hall recalling the Star of David, as a counterpoint to the octagonal Dome of the Rock in the Old City. This plan was never implemented, but Geddes designed the university Library, today the Hebrew University Faculty of Law on Mount Scopus. By 1947, the university was a solid research and teaching institution with humanities, science, medicine, education and agriculture departments (in Rehovot), a national library, a university press and an adult education center. The university had a student population of over 1,000 and 200 faculty members.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 09.08.2009 Photo number: 10688 Views: 33k
Hebrew University, Mt. Scopus
09.08.2009
Construction of the Mount Scopus campus of the Hebrew University began in 1918 on land purchased from the Gray Hill estate. The dedication ceremony was held in 1925 in the presence of many dignitaries. A design for the university campus by Sir Patrick Geddes positioned the university buildings on the slopes of the mount, below a domed, hexagonal Great Hall recalling the Star of David, as a counterpoint to the octagonal Dome of the Rock in the Old City. This plan was never implemented, but Geddes designed the university Library, today the Hebrew University Faculty of Law on Mount Scopus. By 1947, the university was a solid research and teaching institution with humanities, science, medicine, education and agriculture departments (in Rehovot), a national library, a university press and an adult education center. The university had a student population of over 1,000 and 200 faculty members.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 09.08.2009 Photo number: 10710 Views: 33k
Beit Hanina, East Jerusalem
10.08.2009
Beit Hanina is a Palestinian neighborhood in East Jerusalem on the road to Ramallah. It is bordered by Hizma to the east, Shuafat to the south, Beit Iksa and Nabi Samwil to the west. The total area of Beit Hanina is 20 sq. kilometers (approximately 9 sq. miles). In 2007, Beit Hanina had a population of over 27,000.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 10.08.2009 Photo number: 10825 Views: 25k
Hebrew University, Mt. Scopus
09.08.2009
Construction of the Mount Scopus campus of the Hebrew University began in 1918 on land purchased from the Gray Hill estate. The dedication ceremony was held in 1925 in the presence of many dignitaries. A design for the university campus by Sir Patrick Geddes positioned the university buildings on the slopes of the mount, below a domed, hexagonal Great Hall recalling the Star of David, as a counterpoint to the octagonal Dome of the Rock in the Old City. This plan was never implemented, but Geddes designed the university Library, today the Hebrew University Faculty of Law on Mount Scopus. By 1947, the university was a solid research and teaching institution with humanities, science, medicine, education and agriculture departments (in Rehovot), a national library, a university press and an adult education center. The university had a student population of over 1,000 and 200 faculty members.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 09.08.2009 Photo number: 10707 Views: 30k
Hebrew University, Mt. Scopus
09.08.2009
Construction of the Mount Scopus campus of the Hebrew University began in 1918 on land purchased from the Gray Hill estate. The dedication ceremony was held in 1925 in the presence of many dignitaries. A design for the university campus by Sir Patrick Geddes positioned the university buildings on the slopes of the mount, below a domed, hexagonal Great Hall recalling the Star of David, as a counterpoint to the octagonal Dome of the Rock in the Old City. This plan was never implemented, but Geddes designed the university Library, today the Hebrew University Faculty of Law on Mount Scopus. By 1947, the university was a solid research and teaching institution with humanities, science, medicine, education and agriculture departments (in Rehovot), a national library, a university press and an adult education center. The university had a student population of over 1,000 and 200 faculty members.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 09.08.2009 Photo number: 10700 Views: 31k
Hebrew University, Mt. Scopus
09.08.2009
Construction of the Mount Scopus campus of the Hebrew University began in 1918 on land purchased from the Gray Hill estate. The dedication ceremony was held in 1925 in the presence of many dignitaries. A design for the university campus by Sir Patrick Geddes positioned the university buildings on the slopes of the mount, below a domed, hexagonal Great Hall recalling the Star of David, as a counterpoint to the octagonal Dome of the Rock in the Old City. This plan was never implemented, but Geddes designed the university Library, today the Hebrew University Faculty of Law on Mount Scopus. By 1947, the university was a solid research and teaching institution with humanities, science, medicine, education and agriculture departments (in Rehovot), a national library, a university press and an adult education center. The university had a student population of over 1,000 and 200 faculty members.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 09.08.2009 Photo number: 10708 Views: 31k
Beit Hanina, East Jerusalem
10.08.2009
Beit Hanina is a Palestinian neighborhood in East Jerusalem on the road to Ramallah. It is bordered by Hizma to the east, Shuafat to the south, Beit Iksa and Nabi Samwil to the west. The total area of Beit Hanina is 20 sq. kilometers (approximately 9 sq. miles). In 2007, Beit Hanina had a population of over 27,000.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 10.08.2009 Photo number: 10814 Views: 22k
Beit Hanina, East Jerusalem
Beit Hanina is a Palestinian neighborhood in East Jerusalem on the road to Ramallah. It is bordered by Hizma to the east, Shuafat to the south, Beit Iksa and Nabi Samwil to the west. The total area of Beit Hanina is 20 sq. kilometers (approximately 9 sq. miles). In 2007, Beit Hanina had a population of over 27,000.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 10.08.2009 Photo number: 10808 Views: 22k
Hebrew University, Mt. Scopus
09.08.2009
Construction of the Mount Scopus campus of the Hebrew University began in 1918 on land purchased from the Gray Hill estate. The dedication ceremony was held in 1925 in the presence of many dignitaries. A design for the university campus by Sir Patrick Geddes positioned the university buildings on the slopes of the mount, below a domed, hexagonal Great Hall recalling the Star of David, as a counterpoint to the octagonal Dome of the Rock in the Old City. This plan was never implemented, but Geddes designed the university Library, today the Hebrew University Faculty of Law on Mount Scopus. By 1947, the university was a solid research and teaching institution with humanities, science, medicine, education and agriculture departments (in Rehovot), a national library, a university press and an adult education center. The university had a student population of over 1,000 and 200 faculty members.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 09.08.2009 Photo number: 10673 Views: 26k
Hebrew University, Mt. Scopus
09.08.2009
Construction of the Mount Scopus campus of the Hebrew University began in 1918 on land purchased from the Gray Hill estate. The dedication ceremony was held in 1925 in the presence of many dignitaries. A design for the university campus by Sir Patrick Geddes positioned the university buildings on the slopes of the mount, below a domed, hexagonal Great Hall recalling the Star of David, as a counterpoint to the octagonal Dome of the Rock in the Old City. This plan was never implemented, but Geddes designed the university Library, today the Hebrew University Faculty of Law on Mount Scopus. By 1947, the university was a solid research and teaching institution with humanities, science, medicine, education and agriculture departments (in Rehovot), a national library, a university press and an adult education center. The university had a student population of over 1,000 and 200 faculty members.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 09.08.2009 Photo number: 10743 Views: 26k
Sun rays over Jerusalem taken from Scopus, late afternoon, 6.2.1942
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14471 Views: 25k
Hebrew University, Mt. Scopus
09.08.2009
Construction of the Mount Scopus campus of the Hebrew University began in 1918 on land purchased from the Gray Hill estate. The dedication ceremony was held in 1925 in the presence of many dignitaries. A design for the university campus by Sir Patrick Geddes positioned the university buildings on the slopes of the mount, below a domed, hexagonal Great Hall recalling the Star of David, as a counterpoint to the octagonal Dome of the Rock in the Old City. This plan was never implemented, but Geddes designed the university Library, today the Hebrew University Faculty of Law on Mount Scopus. By 1947, the university was a solid research and teaching institution with humanities, science, medicine, education and agriculture departments (in Rehovot), a national library, a university press and an adult education center. The university had a student population of over 1,000 and 200 faculty members.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 09.08.2009 Photo number: 10689 Views: 25k
Hebrew University, Mt. Scopus
09.08.2009
Construction of the Mount Scopus campus of the Hebrew University began in 1918 on land purchased from the Gray Hill estate. The dedication ceremony was held in 1925 in the presence of many dignitaries. A design for the university campus by Sir Patrick Geddes positioned the university buildings on the slopes of the mount, below a domed, hexagonal Great Hall recalling the Star of David, as a counterpoint to the octagonal Dome of the Rock in the Old City. This plan was never implemented, but Geddes designed the university Library, today the Hebrew University Faculty of Law on Mount Scopus. By 1947, the university was a solid research and teaching institution with humanities, science, medicine, education and agriculture departments (in Rehovot), a national library, a university press and an adult education center. The university had a student population of over 1,000 and 200 faculty members.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 09.08.2009 Photo number: 10742 Views: 24k
Hebrew University, Mt. Scopus
09.08.2009
Construction of the Mount Scopus campus of the Hebrew University began in 1918 on land purchased from the Gray Hill estate. The dedication ceremony was held in 1925 in the presence of many dignitaries. A design for the university campus by Sir Patrick Geddes positioned the university buildings on the slopes of the mount, below a domed, hexagonal Great Hall recalling the Star of David, as a counterpoint to the octagonal Dome of the Rock in the Old City. This plan was never implemented, but Geddes designed the university Library, today the Hebrew University Faculty of Law on Mount Scopus. By 1947, the university was a solid research and teaching institution with humanities, science, medicine, education and agriculture departments (in Rehovot), a national library, a university press and an adult education center. The university had a student population of over 1,000 and 200 faculty members.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 09.08.2009 Photo number: 10668 Views: 24k
Beit Hanina, East Jerusalem
Beit Hanina is a Palestinian neighborhood in East Jerusalem on the road to Ramallah. It is bordered by Hizma to the east, Shuafat to the south, Beit Iksa and Nabi Samwil to the west. The total area of Beit Hanina is 20 sq. kilometers (approximately 9 sq. miles). In 2007, Beit Hanina had a population of over 27,000.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 10.08.2009 Photo number: 10806 Views: 21k
Beit Hanina, East Jerusalem
Beit Hanina is a Palestinian neighborhood in East Jerusalem on the road to Ramallah. It is bordered by Hizma to the east, Shuafat to the south, Beit Iksa and Nabi Samwil to the west. The total area of Beit Hanina is 20 sq. kilometers (approximately 9 sq. miles). In 2007, Beit Hanina had a population of over 27,000.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 10.08.2009 Photo number: 10807 Views: 20k
Beit Hanina, East Jerusalem
Beit Hanina is a Palestinian neighborhood in East Jerusalem on the road to Ramallah. It is bordered by Hizma to the east, Shuafat to the south, Beit Iksa and Nabi Samwil to the west. The total area of Beit Hanina is 20 sq. kilometers (approximately 9 sq. miles). In 2007, Beit Hanina had a population of over 27,000.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 10.08.2009 Photo number: 10803 Views: 20k
Hebrew University, Mt. Scopus
09.08.2009
Construction of the Mount Scopus campus of the Hebrew University began in 1918 on land purchased from the Gray Hill estate. The dedication ceremony was held in 1925 in the presence of many dignitaries. A design for the university campus by Sir Patrick Geddes positioned the university buildings on the slopes of the mount, below a domed, hexagonal Great Hall recalling the Star of David, as a counterpoint to the octagonal Dome of the Rock in the Old City. This plan was never implemented, but Geddes designed the university Library, today the Hebrew University Faculty of Law on Mount Scopus. By 1947, the university was a solid research and teaching institution with humanities, science, medicine, education and agriculture departments (in Rehovot), a national library, a university press and an adult education center. The university had a student population of over 1,000 and 200 faculty members.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 09.08.2009 Photo number: 10662 Views: 21k
Hebrew University, Mt. Scopus
09.08.2009
Construction of the Mount Scopus campus of the Hebrew University began in 1918 on land purchased from the Gray Hill estate. The dedication ceremony was held in 1925 in the presence of many dignitaries. A design for the university campus by Sir Patrick Geddes positioned the university buildings on the slopes of the mount, below a domed, hexagonal Great Hall recalling the Star of David, as a counterpoint to the octagonal Dome of the Rock in the Old City. This plan was never implemented, but Geddes designed the university Library, today the Hebrew University Faculty of Law on Mount Scopus. By 1947, the university was a solid research and teaching institution with humanities, science, medicine, education and agriculture departments (in Rehovot), a national library, a university press and an adult education center. The university had a student population of over 1,000 and 200 faculty members.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 09.08.2009 Photo number: 10660 Views: 20k
Hebrew University, Mt. Scopus
09.08.2009
Construction of the Mount Scopus campus of the Hebrew University began in 1918 on land purchased from the Gray Hill estate. The dedication ceremony was held in 1925 in the presence of many dignitaries. A design for the university campus by Sir Patrick Geddes positioned the university buildings on the slopes of the mount, below a domed, hexagonal Great Hall recalling the Star of David, as a counterpoint to the octagonal Dome of the Rock in the Old City. This plan was never implemented, but Geddes designed the university Library, today the Hebrew University Faculty of Law on Mount Scopus. By 1947, the university was a solid research and teaching institution with humanities, science, medicine, education and agriculture departments (in Rehovot), a national library, a university press and an adult education center. The university had a student population of over 1,000 and 200 faculty members.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 09.08.2009 Photo number: 10672 Views: 19k
Hebrew University, Mt. Scopus
09.08.2009
Construction of the Mount Scopus campus of the Hebrew University began in 1918 on land purchased from the Gray Hill estate. The dedication ceremony was held in 1925 in the presence of many dignitaries. A design for the university campus by Sir Patrick Geddes positioned the university buildings on the slopes of the mount, below a domed, hexagonal Great Hall recalling the Star of David, as a counterpoint to the octagonal Dome of the Rock in the Old City. This plan was never implemented, but Geddes designed the university Library, today the Hebrew University Faculty of Law on Mount Scopus. By 1947, the university was a solid research and teaching institution with humanities, science, medicine, education and agriculture departments (in Rehovot), a national library, a university press and an adult education center. The university had a student population of over 1,000 and 200 faculty members.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 09.08.2009 Photo number: 10737 Views: 20k