Search:
Night photos \ Mount of Olives
BURIED IN MONT OLIVE CEMETERY IN AUGUST 1974
SERVED AS CHIEF RABBI OF EGYPT FROM 1960 IN THE TIME OF 1967 SIX DAYS WAR ,WHERE MOST OF THE COMMUNITY MEMBERS WERE TAKING TO PRISON
HE LEFT EGYPT IN MARCH 1972 AFTER EVERY PRISONER WAS RELEASED AND LEFT EGYPT WITH THEIR FAMILIES
LEAVING BEHIND A COMMUNITY OF ABOUT 300 PERSONS
ESTIMATE NUMBER FROM 1948 100,000.00
Photographer: © RomKri Date: 29.04.2005 Photo number: 1362 Views: 302k
Image licence
Anointing Stone with Mosaic on left - Holy Sepulcher
Photographer: © RomKri Date: 12.11.2005 Photo number: 2864 Views: 41k
Image licence
The Church of All Nations
The chapel was built between 1919 and 1924 using funds donated from many different countries. The respective coat-of-arms of each donating country are incorporated into the glass of the ceiling, each in a separate, small dome, and also into the interior mosaics. The countries honored in this way are; starting from the left side, beginning with the apse: Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Mexico; in the middle of the church are memorialized: Italy, France, Spain and the United Kingdom, and to the right: Belgium, Canada, Germany, and the United States of America. The mosaics in the apses were donated by Ireland, Hungary, and Poland. The crown around the bedrock itself was a gift of Australia. These multi-national donations give the church its present title as the Church of "All Nations".
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 02.05.2010 Photo number: 15294 Views: 70k
Peter Rogov, Valery Dembitsky, Mikheal Levit (from left to right)
Photographer: © Michael Seldin Date: 14.11.2009 Photo number: 12553 Views: 29k
The Church of All Nations
The chapel was built between 1919 and 1924 using funds donated from many different countries. The respective coat-of-arms of each donating country are incorporated into the glass of the ceiling, each in a separate, small dome, and also into the interior mosaics. The countries honored in this way are; starting from the left side, beginning with the apse: Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Mexico; in the middle of the church are memorialized: Italy, France, Spain and the United Kingdom, and to the right: Belgium, Canada, Germany, and the United States of America. The mosaics in the apses were donated by Ireland, Hungary, and Poland. The crown around the bedrock itself was a gift of Australia. These multi-national donations give the church its present title as the Church of "All Nations".
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 02.05.2010 Photo number: 15293 Views: 34k
The Church of All Nations
The chapel was built between 1919 and 1924 using funds donated from many different countries. The respective coat-of-arms of each donating country are incorporated into the glass of the ceiling, each in a separate, small dome, and also into the interior mosaics. The countries honored in this way are; starting from the left side, beginning with the apse: Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Mexico; in the middle of the church are memorialized: Italy, France, Spain and the United Kingdom, and to the right: Belgium, Canada, Germany, and the United States of America. The mosaics in the apses were donated by Ireland, Hungary, and Poland. The crown around the bedrock itself was a gift of Australia. These multi-national donations give the church its present title as the Church of "All Nations".
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 02.05.2010 Photo number: 15292 Views: 32k
The Church of All Nations
The chapel was built between 1919 and 1924 using funds donated from many different countries. The respective coat-of-arms of each donating country are incorporated into the glass of the ceiling, each in a separate, small dome, and also into the interior mosaics. The countries honored in this way are; starting from the left side, beginning with the apse: Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Mexico; in the middle of the church are memorialized: Italy, France, Spain and the United Kingdom, and to the right: Belgium, Canada, Germany, and the United States of America. The mosaics in the apses were donated by Ireland, Hungary, and Poland. The crown around the bedrock itself was a gift of Australia. These multi-national donations give the church its present title as the Church of "All Nations".
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 02.05.2010 Photo number: 15291 Views: 30k
The Wailing Wall
16.05.2008
Left part
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 21.07.2009 Photo number: 10085 Views: 10k
Icon
Religious painting on wooden panel left in the yard of Armenian Museum
Photographer: © LJ-Hachik Date: 05.06.2006 Photo number: 5322 Views: 20k