Search:
Old Photos \ View from St. Andrew's Church toward Jerusalem (between 1934 and 1939)
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14469 Views: 31k
Old Photos \ British planes over the Jerusalem Y.M.C.A. tower (between 1933 and 1946)
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14470 Views: 28k
The Church of All Nations
The chapel was built between 1919 and 1924 using funds donated from many different countries. The respective coat-of-arms of each donating country are incorporated into the glass of the ceiling, each in a separate, small dome, and also into the interior mosaics. The countries honored in this way are; starting from the left side, beginning with the apse: Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Mexico; in the middle of the church are memorialized: Italy, France, Spain and the United Kingdom, and to the right: Belgium, Canada, Germany, and the United States of America. The mosaics in the apses were donated by Ireland, Hungary, and Poland. The crown around the bedrock itself was a gift of Australia. These multi-national donations give the church its present title as the Church of "All Nations".
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 02.05.2010 Photo number: 15294 Views: 70k
Old Photos \ Moriah and Olivet ( between 1950 and 1977)
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14468 Views: 24k
Old Photos \ First view of Jerusalem from the south, between 1898 and 1914
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14456 Views: 31k
Old Photos \ Jerusalem from the southwest, between 1898 and 1914
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14452 Views: 24k
Old Photos \ First view of Jerusalem from the north
between 1898 and 1914
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14458 Views: 29k
Old Photos \ Jerusalem and Olivet from the German church ( between 1950 and 1977)
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14467 Views: 24k
Old Photos \ Religious ceremony (between 1880 and 1900)
Photographer: © Fiorillo, L Date: 01.04.2010 Photo number: 14473 Views: 24k
The Church of All Nations
The chapel was built between 1919 and 1924 using funds donated from many different countries. The respective coat-of-arms of each donating country are incorporated into the glass of the ceiling, each in a separate, small dome, and also into the interior mosaics. The countries honored in this way are; starting from the left side, beginning with the apse: Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Mexico; in the middle of the church are memorialized: Italy, France, Spain and the United Kingdom, and to the right: Belgium, Canada, Germany, and the United States of America. The mosaics in the apses were donated by Ireland, Hungary, and Poland. The crown around the bedrock itself was a gift of Australia. These multi-national donations give the church its present title as the Church of "All Nations".
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 02.05.2010 Photo number: 15293 Views: 34k
The Church of All Nations
The chapel was built between 1919 and 1924 using funds donated from many different countries. The respective coat-of-arms of each donating country are incorporated into the glass of the ceiling, each in a separate, small dome, and also into the interior mosaics. The countries honored in this way are; starting from the left side, beginning with the apse: Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Mexico; in the middle of the church are memorialized: Italy, France, Spain and the United Kingdom, and to the right: Belgium, Canada, Germany, and the United States of America. The mosaics in the apses were donated by Ireland, Hungary, and Poland. The crown around the bedrock itself was a gift of Australia. These multi-national donations give the church its present title as the Church of "All Nations".
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 02.05.2010 Photo number: 15292 Views: 32k
Old Photos \ Jerusalem from tower of German Lutheran church, between 1898 and 1914
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14454 Views: 24k
The Church of All Nations
The chapel was built between 1919 and 1924 using funds donated from many different countries. The respective coat-of-arms of each donating country are incorporated into the glass of the ceiling, each in a separate, small dome, and also into the interior mosaics. The countries honored in this way are; starting from the left side, beginning with the apse: Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Mexico; in the middle of the church are memorialized: Italy, France, Spain and the United Kingdom, and to the right: Belgium, Canada, Germany, and the United States of America. The mosaics in the apses were donated by Ireland, Hungary, and Poland. The crown around the bedrock itself was a gift of Australia. These multi-national donations give the church its present title as the Church of "All Nations".
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 02.05.2010 Photo number: 15291 Views: 30k
Old Photos \ Jerusalem from the north, showing flat-roofed houses
between 1898 and 1914
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14457 Views: 26k
Old Photos \ Jerusalem from Olivet, between 1898 and 1914
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14449 Views: 20k
Old Photos \ First view of Jerusalem from the south,between 1898 and 1907
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14453 Views: 24k
Old Photos \ Jerusalem from the south showing west ramparts and Citadel
between 1950 and 1977
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14466 Views: 27k
Old Photos \ Jerusalem from the southwest, between 1898 and 1914
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14451 Views: 23k
Old Photos \ Jerusalem from Mt. Scopus, between 1898 and 1914
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14450 Views: 21k
Crossroad
Crossroad between Jafo and King George
Photographer: © RomKri Date: 30.09.2005 Photo number: 2489 Views: 20k
Image licence
Jerusalem. Center City.
YMCA (This construction is called to emphasize communication between three religions)
Photographer: © Pes & Lev Date: 28.01.2006 Photo number: 3772 Views: 17k
The valley between Giv'at Shaul and Beit ha-Kerem
Photographer: © LJ-Hachik Date: 05.06.2006 Photo number: 5329 Views: 12k