Search:
Churches & Monasteries \ The Church of All Nations
The chapel was built between 1919 and 1924 using funds donated from many different countries. The respective coat-of-arms of each donating country are incorporated into the glass of the ceiling, each in a separate, small dome, and also into the interior mosaics. The countries honored in this way are; starting from the left side, beginning with the apse: Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Mexico; in the middle of the church are memorialized: Italy, France, Spain and the United Kingdom, and to the right: Belgium, Canada, Germany, and the United States of America. The mosaics in the apses were donated by Ireland, Hungary, and Poland. The crown around the bedrock itself was a gift of Australia. These multi-national donations give the church its present title as the Church of "All Nations".
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 02.05.2010 Photo number: 15294 Views: 70k
9 May - Har Hertzel
60 years since the Allied victory over Nazi Germany in World War II
Photographer: © RomKri Date: 09.05.2005 Photo number: 1430 Views: 38k
Image licence
Churches & Monasteries \ The Church of All Nations
The chapel was built between 1919 and 1924 using funds donated from many different countries. The respective coat-of-arms of each donating country are incorporated into the glass of the ceiling, each in a separate, small dome, and also into the interior mosaics. The countries honored in this way are; starting from the left side, beginning with the apse: Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Mexico; in the middle of the church are memorialized: Italy, France, Spain and the United Kingdom, and to the right: Belgium, Canada, Germany, and the United States of America. The mosaics in the apses were donated by Ireland, Hungary, and Poland. The crown around the bedrock itself was a gift of Australia. These multi-national donations give the church its present title as the Church of "All Nations".
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 02.05.2010 Photo number: 15293 Views: 34k
Churches & Monasteries \ The Church of All Nations
The chapel was built between 1919 and 1924 using funds donated from many different countries. The respective coat-of-arms of each donating country are incorporated into the glass of the ceiling, each in a separate, small dome, and also into the interior mosaics. The countries honored in this way are; starting from the left side, beginning with the apse: Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Mexico; in the middle of the church are memorialized: Italy, France, Spain and the United Kingdom, and to the right: Belgium, Canada, Germany, and the United States of America. The mosaics in the apses were donated by Ireland, Hungary, and Poland. The crown around the bedrock itself was a gift of Australia. These multi-national donations give the church its present title as the Church of "All Nations".
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 02.05.2010 Photo number: 15292 Views: 32k
Churches & Monasteries \ The Church of All Nations
The chapel was built between 1919 and 1924 using funds donated from many different countries. The respective coat-of-arms of each donating country are incorporated into the glass of the ceiling, each in a separate, small dome, and also into the interior mosaics. The countries honored in this way are; starting from the left side, beginning with the apse: Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Mexico; in the middle of the church are memorialized: Italy, France, Spain and the United Kingdom, and to the right: Belgium, Canada, Germany, and the United States of America. The mosaics in the apses were donated by Ireland, Hungary, and Poland. The crown around the bedrock itself was a gift of Australia. These multi-national donations give the church its present title as the Church of "All Nations".
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 02.05.2010 Photo number: 15291 Views: 30k
State visit to Jerusalem of Wilhelm II of Germany in 1898
Royal party entering Jerusalem from north, passing American Colony building.
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14445 Views: 27k
9 May - Har Hertzel
60 years since the Allied victory over Nazi Germany in World War II
Photographer: © RomKri Date: 09.05.2005 Photo number: 1433 Views: 16k
Image licence