Search:
Christian Quarter \ German Lutheran Church of the Redeemer
Photographer: © I.L. Date: 31.03.2007 Photo number: 6724 Views: 101k
Jerusalem and Olivet from the German church ( between 1950 and 1977)
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14467 Views: 24k
Jerusalem from tower of German Lutheran church, between 1898 and 1914
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14454 Views: 24k
Christian Quarter \ German Lutheran Church of the Redeemer - Old City - Christian Quarter
Photographer: © RomKri Date: 31.03.2007 Photo number: 6735 Views: 16k
Image licence
Augusta Victoria Hospital, East Jerusalem
24 July 2009
Augusta Victoria is a 161-bed hospital on Mount Scopus, Jerusalem, financed by the Lutheran World Federation and the United Nations Refugee Works Administration. Augusta Victoria was built in 1907 as a center for the German Protestant community in Ottoman Palestine. The complex, completed in 1910, included the Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Ascension with a 65-meter belltower and a hospice for Christian pilgrims. During World War II, it was converted into a hospital by the British. The complex was named for Augusta Viktoria of Schleswig-Holstein, wife of German Kaiser Wilhelm II, who visited Jerusalem in 1898. The architect, Robert Leibnitz, was inspired by German palaces, such as the German Hohenzollern.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 24.07.2009 Photo number: 10143 Views: 14k
Christian Quarter \ German Lutheran Church of the Redeemer - Old City - Christian Quarter
Photographer: © RomKri Date: 08.04.2007 Photo number: 6792 Views: 17k
Image licence
Augusta Victoria Hospital, East Jerusalem
24 July 2009
Augusta Victoria is a 161-bed hospital on Mount Scopus, Jerusalem, financed by the Lutheran World Federation and the United Nations Refugee Works Administration. Augusta Victoria was built in 1907 as a center for the German Protestant community in Ottoman Palestine. The complex, completed in 1910, included the Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Ascension with a 65-meter belltower and a hospice for Christian pilgrims. During World War II, it was converted into a hospital by the British. The complex was named for Augusta Viktoria of Schleswig-Holstein, wife of German Kaiser Wilhelm II, who visited Jerusalem in 1898. The architect, Robert Leibnitz, was inspired by German palaces, such as the German Hohenzollern.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 24.07.2009 Photo number: 10142 Views: 15k
Augusta Victoria Hospital, East Jerusalem
24 July 2009
Augusta Victoria is a 161-bed hospital on Mount Scopus, Jerusalem, financed by the Lutheran World Federation and the United Nations Refugee Works Administration. Augusta Victoria was built in 1907 as a center for the German Protestant community in Ottoman Palestine. The complex, completed in 1910, included the Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Ascension with a 65-meter belltower and a hospice for Christian pilgrims. During World War II, it was converted into a hospital by the British. The complex was named for Augusta Viktoria of Schleswig-Holstein, wife of German Kaiser Wilhelm II, who visited Jerusalem in 1898. The architect, Robert Leibnitz, was inspired by German palaces, such as the German Hohenzollern.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 24.07.2009 Photo number: 10141 Views: 16k
Jerusalem.
Line 99 around Jerusalem.
Egged in cooperation with "City-Tour" Company is inviting you to take a panoramic tour passes through all central tourist and historical sites in Jerusalem. The passengers can get off/on the bus at any of 27 stations (besides, the passengers who bought single-ride/night excursion ticket) at any hour of the line operation and unlimitedly. The bus is equipped with the stereo system (incl. personal earphones), which enable passengers listening to the explanations in 8 languages: Hebrew, Arabic, English, French, German, Russian, Italian and Spanish.
The tickets may be purchased from bus drivers or hotel reception desc.
Photographer: © Pes & Lev Date: 01.12.2006 Photo number: 6134 Views: 22k
Typical corner in the German colony
Photographer: © Barak Sekeles Date: 07.03.2006 Photo number: 4106 Views: 11k