Search:
Old Photos \ British planes over the Jerusalem Y.M.C.A. tower (between 1933 and 1946)
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14470 Views: 28k
Old Photos \ Entry of Field Marshall Allenby
, Jerusalem, December 11, 1917. British troops lining the streets of Jerusalem
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14443 Views: 25k
Jerusalem British War Cemetery
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 10.01.2013 Photo number: 18921 Views: 16k
Jerusalem British War Cemetery
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 10.01.2013 Photo number: 18913 Views: 13k
Jerusalem British War Cemetery
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 10.01.2013 Photo number: 18922 Views: 13k
British Military Cemetery, Mt. Scopus
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 16.02.2010 Photo number: 14011 Views: 21k
Jerusalem British War Cemetery
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 10.01.2013 Photo number: 18920 Views: 14k
British Military Cemetery, Mt. Scopus
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 16.02.2010 Photo number: 14017 Views: 22k
Yitzhak and Leah Rabin's Grave, Mt. Herzl
Fifth Israeli Prime Minister, he was assassinated by a right-wing Israeli, Yigal Amir, who opposed his government’s signing of the Oslo Accords with the Palestinians. He was the first Israeli-born Prime Minister, and the second to die in office. He was born in Jerusalem, in what was then the British Mandate of Palestine, of Russian-Jewish parents.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 07.09.2009 Photo number: 11610 Views: 30k
British Military Cemetery, Mt. Scopus
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 16.02.2010 Photo number: 14015 Views: 20k
Jerusalem British War Cemetery
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 10.01.2013 Photo number: 18914 Views: 12k
Jerusalem British War Cemetery
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 10.01.2013 Photo number: 18915 Views: 12k
British Military Cemetery, Mt. Scopus
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 16.02.2010 Photo number: 14009 Views: 18k
Jerusalem British War Cemetery
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 10.01.2013 Photo number: 18919 Views: 12k
Jerusalem British War Cemetery
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 10.01.2013 Photo number: 18918 Views: 12k
British Military Cemetery, Mt. Scopus
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 16.02.2010 Photo number: 14010 Views: 15k
British Military Cemetery, Mt. Scopus
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 16.02.2010 Photo number: 14012 Views: 14k
British Military Cemetery, Mt. Scopus
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 16.02.2010 Photo number: 14014 Views: 15k
Jerusalem British War Cemetery
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 10.01.2013 Photo number: 18916 Views: 11k
Hebrew University, Givat Ram Campus
22 July 2009
The cornerstone for the university was laid in 1918, and, seven years later, on April 1, 1925, the Hebrew University campus on Mount Scopus of Jerusalem was opened at a gala ceremony attended by the leaders of the Jewish world, distinguished scholars and public figures, and British dignitaries, including Lord Arthur James Balfour, Viscount Allenby and Sir Herbert Samuel. The university´s first Chancellor was Judah Magnes.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 22.07.2009 Photo number: 10098 Views: 9k
Hebrew University, Givat Ram Campus
22 July 2009
The cornerstone for the university was laid in 1918, and, seven years later, on April 1, 1925, the Hebrew University campus on Mount Scopus of Jerusalem was opened at a gala ceremony attended by the leaders of the Jewish world, distinguished scholars and public figures, and British dignitaries, including Lord Arthur James Balfour, Viscount Allenby and Sir Herbert Samuel. The university´s first Chancellor was Judah Magnes.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 22.07.2009 Photo number: 10097 Views: 11k
British Military Cemetery, Mt. Scopus
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 16.02.2010 Photo number: 14013 Views: 14k
Augusta Victoria Hospital, East Jerusalem
24 July 2009
Augusta Victoria is a 161-bed hospital on Mount Scopus, Jerusalem, financed by the Lutheran World Federation and the United Nations Refugee Works Administration. Augusta Victoria was built in 1907 as a center for the German Protestant community in Ottoman Palestine. The complex, completed in 1910, included the Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Ascension with a 65-meter belltower and a hospice for Christian pilgrims. During World War II, it was converted into a hospital by the British. The complex was named for Augusta Viktoria of Schleswig-Holstein, wife of German Kaiser Wilhelm II, who visited Jerusalem in 1898. The architect, Robert Leibnitz, was inspired by German palaces, such as the German Hohenzollern.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 24.07.2009 Photo number: 10143 Views: 14k
Hebrew University, Givat Ram Campus
22 July 2009
The cornerstone for the university was laid in 1918, and, seven years later, on April 1, 1925, the Hebrew University campus on Mount Scopus of Jerusalem was opened at a gala ceremony attended by the leaders of the Jewish world, distinguished scholars and public figures, and British dignitaries, including Lord Arthur James Balfour, Viscount Allenby and Sir Herbert Samuel. The university´s first Chancellor was Judah Magnes.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 22.07.2009 Photo number: 10099 Views: 11k
Castel, Maoz Zion
20 July 2009
During the British Mandate of Palestine, the British referred to this district as "The Castle," dropping the "t" as is customary in English. The Arabs called it al-Qastal, pronouncing the "t." The Jews called it "Hacastel" ("the Castel").
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 20.07.2009 Photo number: 10071 Views: 8k
Hebrew University, Givat Ram Campus
22 July 2009
The cornerstone for the university was laid in 1918, and, seven years later, on April 1, 1925, the Hebrew University campus on Mount Scopus of Jerusalem was opened at a gala ceremony attended by the leaders of the Jewish world, distinguished scholars and public figures, and British dignitaries, including Lord Arthur James Balfour, Viscount Allenby and Sir Herbert Samuel. The university´s first Chancellor was Judah Magnes.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 22.07.2009 Photo number: 10096 Views: 11k
Jerusalem British War Cemetery
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 10.01.2013 Photo number: 18917 Views: 11k
Hebrew University, Givat Ram Campus
22 July 2009
The cornerstone for the university was laid in 1918, and, seven years later, on April 1, 1925, the Hebrew University campus on Mount Scopus of Jerusalem was opened at a gala ceremony attended by the leaders of the Jewish world, distinguished scholars and public figures, and British dignitaries, including Lord Arthur James Balfour, Viscount Allenby and Sir Herbert Samuel. The university´s first Chancellor was Judah Magnes.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 22.07.2009 Photo number: 10100 Views: 10k
British Military Cemetery, Mt. Scopus
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 16.02.2010 Photo number: 14016 Views: 16k
Jerusalem British War Cemetery
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 10.01.2013 Photo number: 18912 Views: 9k
Augusta Victoria Hospital, East Jerusalem
24 July 2009
Augusta Victoria is a 161-bed hospital on Mount Scopus, Jerusalem, financed by the Lutheran World Federation and the United Nations Refugee Works Administration. Augusta Victoria was built in 1907 as a center for the German Protestant community in Ottoman Palestine. The complex, completed in 1910, included the Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Ascension with a 65-meter belltower and a hospice for Christian pilgrims. During World War II, it was converted into a hospital by the British. The complex was named for Augusta Viktoria of Schleswig-Holstein, wife of German Kaiser Wilhelm II, who visited Jerusalem in 1898. The architect, Robert Leibnitz, was inspired by German palaces, such as the German Hohenzollern.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 24.07.2009 Photo number: 10142 Views: 15k
Augusta Victoria Hospital, East Jerusalem
24 July 2009
Augusta Victoria is a 161-bed hospital on Mount Scopus, Jerusalem, financed by the Lutheran World Federation and the United Nations Refugee Works Administration. Augusta Victoria was built in 1907 as a center for the German Protestant community in Ottoman Palestine. The complex, completed in 1910, included the Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Ascension with a 65-meter belltower and a hospice for Christian pilgrims. During World War II, it was converted into a hospital by the British. The complex was named for Augusta Viktoria of Schleswig-Holstein, wife of German Kaiser Wilhelm II, who visited Jerusalem in 1898. The architect, Robert Leibnitz, was inspired by German palaces, such as the German Hohenzollern.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 24.07.2009 Photo number: 10141 Views: 16k