Search:
Photographer: © RomKri Date: 21.06.2005 Photo number: 1898 Views: 14k
Image licence
German Lutheran Church of the Redeemer
Photographer: © I.L. Date: 31.03.2007 Photo number: 6724 Views: 101k
The Lutheran Church of the Ascension
Photographer: © Pes & Lev Date: 09.06.2027 Photo number: 9690 Views: 25k
First view of Jerusalem from the south, between 1898 and 1914
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14456 Views: 31k
Jerusalem from the southwest, between 1898 and 1914
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14452 Views: 24k
First view of Jerusalem from the north
between 1898 and 1914
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14458 Views: 29k
Jerusalem from tower of German Lutheran church, between 1898 and 1914
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14454 Views: 24k
State visit to Jerusalem of Wilhelm II of Germany in 1898
Royal party entering Jerusalem from north, passing American Colony building.
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14445 Views: 27k
Jerusalem from the north, showing flat-roofed houses
between 1898 and 1914
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14457 Views: 26k
Augusta Victoria Hospital, East Jerusalem
24 July 2009
Augusta Victoria is a 161-bed hospital on Mount Scopus, Jerusalem, financed by the Lutheran World Federation and the United Nations Refugee Works Administration. Augusta Victoria was built in 1907 as a center for the German Protestant community in Ottoman Palestine. The complex, completed in 1910, included the Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Ascension with a 65-meter belltower and a hospice for Christian pilgrims. During World War II, it was converted into a hospital by the British. The complex was named for Augusta Viktoria of Schleswig-Holstein, wife of German Kaiser Wilhelm II, who visited Jerusalem in 1898. The architect, Robert Leibnitz, was inspired by German palaces, such as the German Hohenzollern.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 24.07.2009 Photo number: 10143 Views: 14k
First view of Jerusalem from the south,between 1898 and 1907
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14453 Views: 24k
Jerusalem from Mt. Scopus, between 1898 and 1914
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14450 Views: 21k
Jerusalem from Olivet, between 1898 and 1914
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14449 Views: 20k
Jerusalem from the southwest, between 1898 and 1914
Photographer: © G. Eric and Edith Matson Date: 31.03.2010 Photo number: 14451 Views: 23k
The Lutheran Church of the Ascension
Photographer: © Pes & Lev Date: 09.06.2027 Photo number: 9693 Views: 16k
Augusta Victoria Hospital, East Jerusalem
24 July 2009
Augusta Victoria is a 161-bed hospital on Mount Scopus, Jerusalem, financed by the Lutheran World Federation and the United Nations Refugee Works Administration. Augusta Victoria was built in 1907 as a center for the German Protestant community in Ottoman Palestine. The complex, completed in 1910, included the Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Ascension with a 65-meter belltower and a hospice for Christian pilgrims. During World War II, it was converted into a hospital by the British. The complex was named for Augusta Viktoria of Schleswig-Holstein, wife of German Kaiser Wilhelm II, who visited Jerusalem in 1898. The architect, Robert Leibnitz, was inspired by German palaces, such as the German Hohenzollern.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 24.07.2009 Photo number: 10142 Views: 15k
Augusta Victoria Hospital, East Jerusalem
24 July 2009
Augusta Victoria is a 161-bed hospital on Mount Scopus, Jerusalem, financed by the Lutheran World Federation and the United Nations Refugee Works Administration. Augusta Victoria was built in 1907 as a center for the German Protestant community in Ottoman Palestine. The complex, completed in 1910, included the Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Ascension with a 65-meter belltower and a hospice for Christian pilgrims. During World War II, it was converted into a hospital by the British. The complex was named for Augusta Viktoria of Schleswig-Holstein, wife of German Kaiser Wilhelm II, who visited Jerusalem in 1898. The architect, Robert Leibnitz, was inspired by German palaces, such as the German Hohenzollern.
Photographer: © Valery Dembitsky Date: 24.07.2009 Photo number: 10141 Views: 16k
Churches & Monasteries
Photographer: © pmos_nmos Date: 27.10.2007 Photo number: 7558 Views: 15k